We created a model of a fossil in a class demonstration.
- We warmed the clay by rolling it in our hands
- We put petroleum jelly on the shell to keep it from sticking
- The shell was pushed into the clay
- The shell was gently pulled out keeping as much of the shape as possible
- Ms. Herbert mixed the Plaster of Paris and poured it into the clay molds
- We had to let it sit for a while and harden
- The clay was gently pulled off
In the comments below, explain how the formation of this model is different from formation of a real fossil. Sign the entry with your pseudonym (pen name).